Tuesday, February 23, 2016

MTC P-day!!!

 Hello Family!!!
I made it through my first week in the MTC! #majoraccomplishment But really, this week has been a roller coaster week. 
Luckily when you all dropped me off I was sobbing when I walked into the MTC,  but who's the first person I see? Hermana Farnsworth #tendermerciesarereal That just made coming here so much better. 
 
And boy and boy, they do not waste time in getting you involved and doing things here. We had class as soon as I got in there, but it was awesome. Everyone was super emotional but it was still great. 
The MTC Presidency is the cutest! Their little devo on the first day was fabulous! And we sang Called to Serve... many tears were shed, most by me but that is totally fine! 
 
Anyway, my companion's name is Sister Carlson. She's from West Haven Utah #yayutahns and she is absolutely fantastic. She is into drama and theater so thanks, Mom for having us listen to Showtunes Saturday night because when we're bored we sing show tunes. But really I love her, and all the Elders and Sisters in our district. In our district there's me and Sister Carlson, Sister Rasmussen and Sister Christensen, Sister Ashton and Sister James. They are all fabulous! We get along so well, and it didn't take long for us to get close. Funny thing about the MTC, when you're thrown in with a bunch of people you don't know, after a little while of being with the 24-7 you get to know them so well. The elders in our district are awesome as well, there's Elder Vega and Elder Young then Elder LaPerle and Elder Merkley (they're not in our zone but they come hang with us cause we're just dang hilarious). 
The Lord is in the details people!
 
 Every person in our district is here for a reason, I've learned so much in the little time that I've been here and I credit that to the amazing Sisters and Elders.
 
 
So, teaching is not nearly as scary as I thought it would be... props to the Spirit for not leaving us hanging. It really is the coolest moment when you feel like you've planned this super awesome lesson and then you go in and start talking with the investigators and the Spirit just takes over. We've never really taught the lesson that we actually planned, but somehow the Spirit is always there. Sister Carlson and I work so well together and when you add the Spirit how can you go wrong when you're teaching about a loving Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ? Seriously this church is so true and I love being able to bear my testimony multiple times a day every day. Try it, it's so easy!!! 
 
 
Right now we have 3 "investigators" (air quotes because we don't quite know who are the real investigators and who are just workers) and props to those actors because every one of our investigators seems so real. Teaching them is so awesome, the first lesson we did was on like the 2nd day here and, surprisingly, I wasn't nervous at all. That's one major thing that I have appreciated about being here.  I've learned so much and I'm no longer afraid to speak or bear my testimony in front of people (ha and I don't even mind if I cry). 
I still have so much to tell you but I'm running out of time, so long story short: the MTC is fabulous, the Spirit is fabulous, my district is fabulous, THIS GOSPEL IS FABULOUS!!


I love you all, the church is true!
 Sister King


Oh I totally forgot, I will be calling really early on Tuesday morning. We leave the MTC at 4:20 on Tuesday morning. Our flight leaves at like 8:00 so I'll be calling you before then.

Also, this morning I went to the temple. The feeling at the temple when you're a missionary is crazy! That is the strongest I have ever felt the Spirit. As soon as I walked into the room it was completely overwhelming. I could really feel that every day in all the temples that people are praying for the missionaries. 
I love you guys so much! I'm bummed that I only have one pday here. But Dad, you'll be proud because I am seriously killing it in bball here. So there is another sister here, her name is 
 Sister Gibson and she played at Maple Mtn and she totally remembered me. She called me Ginger Fredette and now that's what people refer to me as. it's awesome. Living up to the name,  Dad.

The spirit is real!
 
Love,  Sister King




No comments:

Post a Comment