Monday, August 15, 2016

Sealed it with a kiss

HELLLOOOOO FAMILY!!!
How are all of you?! This past week flew by!! 


First things first, Linda is now an official member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. How neat is that?! Any who, her baptism was seriously fantastic. The spirit was so so strong!! I've got to say that the actual baptism part was super interesting. Ken was able to baptize his wife... his best friend, Brother Lander was helping him and then we had Brother James in the font as well to make sure that everything ran smoothly. It was quite a full font-- but still everything went well and Ken and Linda were so excited. Her confirmation yesterday was awesome as well. We looked over and Ken was bawling the entire time. So cute! We also met with them yesterday and I wish that you could all see the difference in them. 





One of the first things that we teach people is that the gospel blesses families-- and I've seen first hand how them embracing the gospel has affected their relationship. They've been growing closer to their Savior and in turn grew closer to each other. Ha they told as ahead of time but they decided that they wanted to seal the baptism and the confirmation with a kiss... ha it was adorable. So ya, the baptism was wonderful and they are doing fantastic!!


We had a zone conference this week-- so we got to see a bunch of missionaries and President and Sister Miles, that's always fun. Ha so before we went Sister Burnside was a little nervous because they had told us to practice some role plays (which we did) but she was afraid that we would have to get up in front of all the missionaries and do it. Ha I assured her that I had never seen that before and that it wouldn't happen. But let me tell ya, the Lord has a very good sense of humor and me and Sister Burnside were picked to do a role play in front of everyone... don't worry it went well and we survived. But standing in front of 80+ missionaries teaching the Restoration to Sister Miles (pretending to be and investigator) is actually pretty dang scary.


Fun thing this week. Our stake did a softball tournament. Each ward had a team. And you had to have 4 girls on the field at all times-- our ward didn't have that many so they recruited us sisters to come and play with them. WE crushed it. Our ward ended up winning the entire thing! Dad you would have been proud! Plus we had some nonmembers come to play as well-- so it ended up being a pretty good finding activity. 


Fun story of the week. We were talking with one of our less actives in our family ward and she randomly said that she wanted to share a story with us-- she didn't know why. She told us about how she was down in Utah and she didn't have any money and was homeless and this super nice family took her in and she lived with them for 2 months then they paid for her to get back here to Canada. She talked about how this family had completely changed her life and how she wanted to be able to thank them someday and that she wants to find out how to contact them. I asked her what their names were and she said their last name was Pentz. Well, we have an Elder Pentz in our zone-- so we gave him a call and this family happens to be his cousins. So he got their contact info and she's going to be able to contact them. Ha what are the odds right?!?


This week really was just so great! This might sounds cheesy but I am just so happy and I love being a missionary. When you see someone embrace the gospel and see an evident change in them, it really makes you feel like you're doing something good. I'm just so happy! I know I was sent here to Lethbridge for Ken and Linda. Love them to death! Being a missionary is the best thing in the entire world!!!!

When we came home our landlords had cut this whole in our wall to fix the AC.

Yay for olympics!!!

This is Jackson.

Just a little pre-baptism selfie :)


Quote of the week: "The Atonement's reach is individual and infinite."
Scripture of the week: Alma 26:12 Yea , I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. 

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!!!

Sister Ashley King

No comments:

Post a Comment