Wednesday, August 10, 2016

"This is soon-to-be SISTER Thompson!"

Hello hello!!!



Okay I know I say this practically every single week but HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT ALREADY MONDAY?!?! I feel like I was just barely writing you guys!
But anyway, this past week literally FLEW by! It was a super solid week though! It was definitely a service packed and lesson packed week (love it!)


First things first-- I saw Robbie Dahl! Boy was that so much fun! We went to Wing Wednesday at Earl's-- it was great! I felt like I was right back in Provo. It was good but weird to hear about everything going on back in the 84604... but still super great!
Earls with the one and only, Robbie Dahl



On Tuesday we were able to have zone training meeting and we had some special guests. President and Sister Miles were in the south and came to our meeting. So it was good to see them-- just love them to pieces. The meeting was super awesome. We talked a lot about the Restoration and going back to the basics. There was definitely a special spirit there. 
Elder Behm's Birthday

Zone Training Meeting


Ha when we got out of ZTM we had a voicemail from Linda-- she's is like super super pumped for her baptism and she started out by saying "This is soon-to-be SISTER Thompson." It was adorable. But we planned out her baptism and it should be super good-- it's this Saturday so we are getting so excited for it!! Ha Ken is literally one of the funniest people that I have ever met. We had a lesson with them the other day and right in the middle of the lesson he pauses us and says "I want you to hear what I've been practicing.... Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ I baptize you"-- ha he went on to recite the rest of the prayer. It was great. Then he told us that he had this dream about him dropping Linda in the font (they are both very frail) but we told him that we would have a "lifeguard" be in there with them. Ha he gave this huge sigh of relief and said "Thank goodness! I can see it now in the headlines of the Herald. Man drowns wife in baptismal font..." Ha he's just a funny guy but we reassured him that they would be a-okay! 


Tender mercy of the week. We were doing some service at this golf course-- it was a fundraiser for the Lethbridge food bank. Anyway, we were out on the gold course and don't ask me why 2 red heads forgot to put on sunscreen or bring anything to protect us from the sun... but we got fried. Luckily these 2 nice ladies brought us an umbrella. I can't even imagine what we would have looked like if they didn't bring that to us. So ya, prayers get answered and the Lord protects his missionaries :)
Volunteering at the gold course. Was it fun? You can Bet on it... (video to follow)

Lobster Legs... we purchased some sunscreen don't you fret


We picked up a new investigator this week, well he's actually a former investigator. His name is Aron and he's super jacked and has tattoos all up his arms. It's awesome. But his daughter just left on her mission to Virginia Chesapeake (Which just happens to be where my MTC district went) but he's all sad about her leaving and was wondering more about what she would be doing. Which means he is super humble and has a soft heart. SCORE! So we're pretty pumped about that.


This week was just awesome. Things are popping here in Lethbridge! Can't wait for Linda's baptism on Saturday! 

 Fun fact-- our apartment flooded and so our land lords brought over this insanely loud and large fan so obviously we had to do some model shots-- they are ripping out some of the wall today so that should be exciting!

One of my favorite ladies, Jean.


I can pretend to like cats every once in a while.

Natasha-- from Thailand. She gave me the cutest, most slobbery kiss on the cheek before we left. So cute!




Hope that you all have a great week! This gospel is true and teaching it to people is the most rewarding experience of my entire life. Love you all!

Quote of the week: "Keep your chin up, trust in God and believe in God things to come." -Elder Holland

Scripture of the week: D&C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there will I be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

Love yall!
Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment