Monday, December 26, 2016

Chris-MISSING YOU GUYS ALREADY!

Man it feels like I was talking to you guys just yesterday :)

It really was so good to see you all! Just made me that much more grateful for the awesome family that I have. Love you guys.

Anywayyyy, this week has been awesome. On Tuesday we had a Christmas devotional with lots of the zones down here in the South. That was really good! They fed us lunch then we did a white elephant gift exchange. Ha I got a thing of sardines and some playdough. So pretty successful. After the gift exchange we had a devotional. President and Sister Miles talked to us and someone read the story out of Luke and we had a bunch of musical numbers from some very talented missionaries. Seriously it was so dang good!!

The live Nativity-- donkey and all

We were in charge of the mics at the Nativity, Sister Taylor only messed up twice.... :)

Elder from Czech Republic-- stayed with Ryan and family

The wind has been super crazy lately, hence the choppage of my hair

KEN AND LINDA!!!!!! They are doing so well!!!!!

Elizabeth-- one of my favorites in Lethbridge

Exchanges with Sister Messick :)


After that we did exchanges. I was able to go with Sister Messick in the Chinook and London Road Wards (my old area) That was seriously just the best thing of my entire life. It was really fun to go see my people! I miss my family in Lethbridge so I was able to see lots of them. And we had some really good lessons! We actually put one of their investigators on date for baptism! It was awesome!


We were also able to meet with our investigator Jen- she lives out in Vauxhall. And then she took us to her son's christmas performances. That was really fun! They put on this kind of play about Christmas and it was adorable! Her kids did awesome! And they really like us-- so that's awesome!


 We've been able to see lots of members because lots of the people that we are working with are gone for the holidays. So we got to have a ton of fun. On Christmas Eve we went over to Vera Jensen's house-- she's this super cute old lady in our ward. (Reminds me of Cynthia Dayton in like 20 years) She's super awesome! A family in our ward gave us this ginger bread village and we decided that if we're going to make it we might as well make it with Sister Jensen :) so we did. 


We also were able to go to the Andersons "Little House on the Prairie". Brother Anderson bought this land then built a cute little cabin out in the middle of nowhere! They invited us over there will their whole family, and that was really fun. There was a TON of snow!!!! It was awesome. He took us on a little carriage ride behind his truck. After the Andersons we headed out to be with the Torrie's. They invited us over for their Christmas Eve with their family. That was really fun! 
When we gave Pres. Miles some BYU stuff for Christmas.... best text of my life!


 Leif and Helen Erikson took us out for lunch this week :)

Got a flat tire on Christmas Eve-- a super nice member fixed it for us. #perksofbeinginSouthernAlberta

Vera Jensen's first ginger bread house decorating party!


Out at the Little House on the Prairie

 Out at the Little House on the Prairie

Little House on the Prairie

We did the Nativity-- me and Sister Taylor made for the best sheep ever :) Then we had a little christmas song thing. I was at the piano, Brother Torrie was at the organ, they had 2 grandkids playing the saxophone and the trombone, Elder Austin was at the drum, Elder Rodriguez had the bells and Sister Taylor had the cowbell. Ha it was so much fun!! Reminded me a little of our thing that we do, it wasn't the same but still really fun! Man these members are so great to us!!!

PJ's Sister Zuidhof got us... Ninja Turtle and Pizza. It's awesome.

Pj's from the fam :)

Anxious to skype

​best Christmas present... ever....

Opening our presents-- we did move our beds out to the living room and slept under the tree :)


Christmas Devotional 3 zones


Wasn't having Christmas on a Sunday so awesome?!? It was great to really remember what Christmas is really about. I'm so thankful for this time that I have had to be a missionary around this Christmas season. It has made me that much more grateful for the Savior and for the fact that I get to bear my testimony of Him every single day! 

Love you all lots, hope that you all have an awesome rest of Christmas break! And happy Boxing Day!!!

Quote of the week: "God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love, it is simply always there." 
-Pres. Monson

Scripture of the week: D&C 6:34, 36-37  Fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment