Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Milked a cow...NBD

That cow-- I milked it.
Hey!
Okay so I guess not a whole lot happened this week... well actually a ton happened. We were going nonstop the entire week and yet it flew by and I can't entirely remember what we did.
Oh ya, I milked a cow this week. So I can cross that off the ole bucket list. Also, I'm okay with not ever doing it again.



This week we had to drive up to Calgary for MLC. The drive up there was the worst. Sitting in a car for two and half hours is the last thing I want to do as a missionary. But it was fun to be up in Calgary for the day. MLC is always good. We just talked a lot about the changes in the schedule. Afterwards, President and Sister Miles let Sister Sims and I come to the mission home before we headed back to Taber. Then they just invited us to stay for dinner. So that was a blast! I sure do love the Miles. Plus I got to see Sister Taylor-- so that was pretty chill.


My girl Sister Taylor :) ps. she gave a fabulous training at MLC!

 Dinner with P. Miles and S. Miles-- love them to death. 

On Thursday we got to go to the Cardston Temple! It was such a good day, I just love being in the Lord's house. The Cardston temple is pretty unique looking. Both on the outside and in the inside. It was pretty cool. 

On Saturday night, a member put together this dinner out in the small town of Enchant with a bunch of part-member families and invited us to go too. It was at this little Chinese restaurant in the middle of nowhere. Lets just say that it wasn't the best food I've ever had. But we have so many potentials from that night! We are pumped. 

Last night we had a correlation meeting with our ward mission leader during the super bowl. First of all, I had no idea it was super bowl Sunday, weird. But we got there right at the end of the game and were having our meeting right during over time. Well, lets just say that our ward mission leader's son was a pretty big Pats fan. Lots of celebrating and yelling in the living room. Best correlation ever!

Still working with different investigators....

There was no snow two days ago. We woke up this morning to a foot. I can't wait until the next chinook... seriously the chinooks are pretty much the best thing ever.

Yesterday at church I was out in Vauxhall-- we have to do splits like every Sunday cause or Vauxhall ward is at 10 and the Taber ward is at 9... ha some lady got up and bore her testimony about her "Vauxhall experience" and it's so true. That really is the only way to describe Vauxhall, but I love it out there.

Quote of the week: "I'll tell ya. Collectively, as a mission, I think we could eat a few less burritos." -President Miles. Yep. Pres called the mission fat... ha

a more spiritual quote of the week: "The Lord knows who we really are, what we really think, what we really do, and who we really are becoming." -Elder Bednar

Scripture of the week: Moroni 8:3-- I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

Love you all and hope that you have a great week. Oh and special shoutout to Mama and Papa King-- happy anniversary :) (or in the words of dad-- anni-very-sorry)

Sister King


Cardston temple

again

.... had a hard time keeping my eyes open. It was a real struggle.
I too decide to ski to school... cause why not?!

Bro. Anderson made us these cute maple leaves with our name on them

Sister Simsy

I heard this thing that if you lick a gum rapper and put in on your forehead for a while it'll burn...
so we tried it during weekly planning this week. It works.

Face mask from Lacizzle and Lyndizzle

For Christmas Sister Taylor's mom sent me some Korean face masks--
I'm thinking of moving to Korea now. Sister Sims was a monkey and I was a fox.

So Lacy and Lyndie are the cutest and sent me a package this week, it included my favorites...
Peanut butter M&Ms and some face masks.


No comments:

Post a Comment