Monday, October 10, 2016

HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!

Hello lovely family!! 



Okay, so lots happened this week. First things first, on Monday night I got a call from President Miles. He told me that he was making our area an STL area and that he wanted me to be an STL (Sister Training Leader). So that was pretty fun, but also pretty sad cause he said that Sister Barlow would be getting transferred :(

Our zone before transfers. You could say we're pretty cool.




So for Tuesday and lots of Wednesday we were going around saying goodbye to everyone for Sister Barlow. On Tuesday night we got the calls from the Zone Leaders on what was going on. Sister Barlow is now in BC and my new companion's name is Sister Shields. She's from West Bountiful Utah and has been out on her mission for 16 months! So she's winding down. I've only been with her for a couple days but I already love her so much and I can tell that we're just going to get lots of work done here, I'm pretty pumped-- ALSO since they made this an STL area starting this week we get to have the car full time! Ha this past week was a little brutal. Apparently winter here starts in October... so we woke up on Friday to snow!! Not gonna lie I was actually super excited about it! Until I remembered that it was our walking week. Ha we made it out alive and it was actually super fun!

Walking around in the snow... it's awesome.


Okay, so today is Canadian Thanksgiving!! How neat is that?! Yesterday our Bishop had us over for dinner and boy oh boy,  was it delicious! Then we're having another Thanksgiving tonight with Sister English and Linda (OUR RECENT CONVERT!)



Oh my, I just realized that I may have completely forgot to tell you. Linda was baptized on Saturday!! Linda is the one who is special needs and is just the cutest person in the world. Saturday was a super special day-- the spirit at the baptism was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. It was awesome. Linda was crying through the whole thing-- there wasn't a dry eye in the place. That's one thing that has been super cool, she may not know everything or at least remember everything but Linda can feel the spirit more than anyone that I have ever met. And that is why she decided she wanted to be baptized, because she felt the spirit so strongly. 

Linda's Baptism





Yesterday, the confirmation was the sweetest thing as well. Honestly this whole situation has been a huge testimony builder... just all the obstacles that we had to get through to help Linda be baptized and then to see her face just beaming with happiness was one of the coolest things that I have ever experienced. This gospel is so true and it can help anyone. You can't deny that feeling. 

So we had the fumigation on Tuesday and we had to wash everything that we own...
so as a missionary this is everything that me and Sister Barlow own :)

I just think this is funny... there is road construction EVERYWHERE!

The biggest BOM of my entire life!!!

We were out walking around last night and came across this guy that was super, SUPER high. he saw that we had Jesus Christ on our tag then went into his car and gave us 2 paintings of Christ... they glow...


Anyway, so ya things are going great. We're heading to the mall today to get some more winter gear :) ha so don't worry I am staying warm. Yay for fleece tights :)

Quote of the week: "The light of Christ is a light that swallows the darkness, heals our wounds, and blazes even in the midst of the deepest sorrow and unfathomable darkness." -Uchtdorf

Scripture of the week: D&C 19:23 Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my spirit, and you shall have peace in me.

and one more scripture cause who could have enough scriptures am I right?? 
Hebrews 12:1 lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

Love you all!! Hope you have a happy thanksgiving ;)

Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment