Saturday, March 25, 2017

This little pig went wee, wee, wee.... literally!

HELLOOOOOO!!!!



Seems like I was emailing you guys just yesterday... the time is cruising by!


This past week has been super awesome! We've had lots of good lessons and we have a couple potential investigators that we're going to meet up with this week, so that's been real good.
Sister Sims took a little tumble in the snow... obviously I had to take a picture.

After getting pooped on by a pig

Helena had me try on her wedding dress.... yes wedding dress. That's what the Mennonite's get married in.

Exchanges with Sister Grange :)

Baby goats

Sister Sims lost at what are the odds and had to buy a puzzle with my face on it

Na and Adam :)

Chickens... they smell too

Just casually carrying a pig

All the pigs. In order from left to right: Wilbur, Ginger, Niglet and Simmy. (Mine was the fattest)


We've been able to have some good lessons with our investigators-- We saw Na twice this week and she is doing great! She is having a baby that is due at the end of May (just about when Casey is due :) She is so receptive to literally anything that we have to say because she "feels it's true" I love that!! We were able to get a hold of a mandarin Book of Mormon and pamphlets and she was super excited about that. She just reads and reads and reads. When we asked her to read the Book of Mormon we said that she didn't have to read it all right now and she just looked at us and said that she "reads mandarin better and should be able to finish it" HOW GOLDEN IS SHE?!?!? I love her lots!!


H and her kids are doing really well! We're having a ward talent night tomorrow and we have convinced them to come and sing a song with us... they're pretty excited about it. We asked them what song they wanted to sing and they said I am a Child of God. Ha so that's what we'll be singing. Pretty excited to have them come... not super excited to sing in front of everyone but hey if it helps someone come closer to Christ I guess I can do it right?!


Ha so Shawna got some pigs this week and needed a little help out with her animals... that was a party. First of all... pigs smell gross... like awful. And when I was carrying one it decided it would be a good time to go to the bathroom. Got it all over me. NASTY! But it was pretty funny. Dad would have been proud, handled it like a champ.
We were able to meet with Jen this week too-- haven't been able to see her for a while cause life has just been real busy. But we had a good lesson with her, we read some of the Book of Mormon with her. It was actually pretty cool cause when we were planning when to see her we both felt like we should do Thursday morning... so we did. And we got to meet her husband. So that was pretty cool. It's amazing how the Lord is involved in every aspect of the work, down to the planning.
We got to go on exchanges this week with Sister Grange and Sister Leonard. I got to have Sister Grange come here with me and that was awesome! She is the cutest! Plus I served around her when I was in Calgary so it was like a cute little family reunion. I love exchanges!!


So yesterday we went on splits so that we could go to both of our wards. Our investigator David was out in our Vauxhall ward and wanted us to have a lesson during Sunday school... so I got to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ all by myself. It was weird. Good thing the spirit is the senior companion or else that lesson would have been a complete gong show. But it went really well-- prayer works. But I definitely prefer teaching with someone.
ANYWAYYYY long story short this week has been really good! Our tender mercy of the week  happened yesterday. So ever since I got to Taber we have been trying to find this less active guy in our ward, yesterday we went out and knocked some doors and we just so happened to knock on his and he said that we could come back and share a message!! It's the little things.


I love being a missionary. I love Taber. I love Sister Sims. I love the people here. My life is good... really good.

Sorry you're probably bored, but miracles are happening!!

Scripture of the week: D&C 10:4-5 Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided for you to translate (insert any challenge ever); but be diligent unto the end.Pray always, that you may come off conqueroryea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work.

Quote of the week: "Whatever the cost of repentance, it is swallowed up in the joy of forgiveness." -Elder Christofferson

Love you all! Hope that you are all getting as excited as I am for conference!
Have a great week!

Sister King :)

No comments:

Post a Comment