Saturday, April 22, 2017

#teamjacob

HELLOOOOOOO!!!!!



Hope that you are had a super Easter. I know that I did-- just full of fun things and remembering the Savior and the Resurrection, so what could be better? Plus I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday-- that was probably one of the coolest things I've done so far. Started it on Christmas and finished on Easter. SUPER  COOL. And guess what... it's still true!!

 Some Easter presents from our YSA

Hey look. It's a big pig... 

 Found this street while out tracting. pretty cool hey?

Snow. It's supposed to be spring, but there's snow.

 Ha so our gate to get into our apartment is super ghetto and it takes us about 5 minutes to open it.

 Ceri Edwards in our ward gave us this HUGE easter basket.

It's ma buddy Zeus-- the people that live above us own him and he's the cutest thing in the world!

Ha our members gave us organic chocolate.... solid.

Marshall's "man getting eaten by a shark" drawing

FINISHED THE BOM!!!!!

Anywayyyyy, this week was awesome! We were so busy! Met with a TON  of members this week and were sharing with them the #princeofpeace video. That's been so fun! Seen it like maybe 90 times and it still gets me every time. I just love that title for the Savior... Prince of Peace. And it's so true. He is the only source of true and lasting peace.

We had some bomb lessons with some of our investigators this week. Jacob is doing really well... we just have to take it real slow with him cause he loves all the super deep things but still has a hard time understanding the basics. Like that God loves him. And it's been super humbling for me to watch this cause I know that God and the Savior love me and that no matter what I do, no matter how many mistakes I make they are still going to love me regardless, and I have just known that my whole life. It hurts my heart to seem him struggle with that, cause there's so much peace that comes from just knowing that our Heavenly Father loves us. But the lessons that we had this past week were awesome. If you haven't seen the Mormon message-- Hope of God's Light, then go watch it ASAP. Literally my favorite. So we're definitely on #teamjacob


We also had a really good lesson with Sabrina. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that went really well! We talked lots about baptism and she is totally on board... we just have to pray about a date and get her to come out to church. Plus she's moving to Australia in May for 5 months... so that's another stumbling block. But I'm sure that the Lord will shed some light and we'll be able to know what we should do. I just love talking about baptism, cause literally you can just say "why was Jesus Christ baptized?"... "to show the example for us".... ha "will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?" Literally it's so easy. It just makes sense!


Ha so me and Sister Ho Ching did the relief society lesson yesterday and we literally had .3 seconds to prepare.... so we just talked about Easter and the #PrinceofPeace. Easiest lesson I've ever given, could talk about the Savior and the Atonement for ages. Also, during sacrament we sat with this cute family and their little boy Marshall sat next to me and holy smokes... It's never been so hard to keep from laughing in my entire life.... here's just a few quotes that I remember.
"Are you from India? Cause you look like an Indian."
"Gummy bears are a choking hazard" .... I should mention that he's 5
"Here I drew you a picture... it's a man getting eaten by a shark."

So that was just really fun.
Then in the YSA ward one of the speakers didn't show up so the Bishop was calling people from the audience to bear their testimony. He looked at Sister Ho Ching for a solid 10 seconds then called on me.... ha we think he forgot her name. But that's a-okay! I love getting called on the spot #perksofbeingamissionary

Our Easter was super awesome! The members are so good to us and it was just the best.

Also, I just found out that my investigator Na from Taber is on date for baptism!!! So that is pretty much the best thing of my entire life!!!

Ha sorry this email is all over the place.... but I'm just happy. 

The church is true. The book is blue. 

Scripture of the week: Moroni 7:48-- Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure.

and another one cause the scriptures are just so good. John 14:27-- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Quote of the week: "We must anchor ourselves to eternal principles and testify of them. No matter the world's response" --Neil F. Marriott

Love you all! Hope that you have a stellar week

-your home skillet biscuit... aka Sister King :)

No comments:

Post a Comment