Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"The spirit is not a horcrux"

Hello lovely people.



This week has been super awesome! First full week back up here in Calgary down! It's definitely a lot different and is really taking some getting used to, but it's been real good so far. 


We have been BUSY!! The best thing ever as a missionary!
So we have been going around to a bunch of the people in the ward sharing the #PrinceofPeace video, and that has been real good! I've seen that video oh so many times but the spirit comes every time and I never get sick of it. Go watch it if you haven't.


We had some super solid lessons this week! So we're teaching this kid named Jacob-- he's 18 and has a TON of questions. But he is super genuine in his interest in learning more. Ha so we were having a lesson on Tuesday and it was the weirdest thing. We were talking about the spirit and everything, Jacob looked kinda confused and then I found myself saying "the spirit is not a horcrux." Ha and I was just like... wow did I really just say that??  But it was the coolest cause he said "that was exactly what I was thinking!!" Ha it was pretty funny, and cool how the spirit can literally bring things into your mind-- I would have never come up with that on my own! So that was fun. And J is doing really good. He came with us to a baptism on Saturday and to church yesterday-- he's progressing a lot and I'm just real excited about this!

Sometimes when you're knocking doors and people continue to not answer
you just take a picture in front of their door and call it good




TEMPLE WITH JENNNNNN!!!!! Crazy how fast you can love people.
Only known her for a week and she is already one of my favorite people.

Sister Huang--- aka my grandbaby (Sister Burnside trained her)

Mi amigos

Jacob, Sarah and Dallin. Some chill YSA friends.

ha. wrong.

Sister Meiners. She emailed me before she got out here and she's just the cutest sister ever!


We also met with our investigator Sabrina-- she's super awesome! We had a BOMB lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's so fun to ask people why they think Jesus Christ was baptized... cause he literally did it to be an example to us and to fulfill all righteousness. So if you want to follow Jesus Christ why not be baptized? She's getting so close I can feel it! 



Okay, so Saturday was just the best day ever. We were able to go and do baptisms with Jen, our recent convert. And it was just the best thing of my entire life. Haven't done baptisms for forever. But she found a bunch of family names so we got dunked quite a few times. It was awesome. Plus my first time in the Calgary temple, man I just wish I could go to the temple all day every day. Then we went to a baptism right after. Best day. Temple and a baptism... what could be better?



So we do service every Tuesday at this ice rink-- I guess the sisters that have been here have been doing that for a while... but while we were there this week I talked to this guy named D that works there. He started talking to me and Sister Ho Ching about like the temple and stuff and wants to know more... ha so that was awesome! Service does wonders!
ANYWAYYYY, life is good. Still getting used to the whole YSA thing. But it's all good. Ho-king is going great. Love her lots!

So ya, my life is the best. It's fantastic!

quote of the week: "Trust the Lord, get some sleep, and wake up happy." -Pres. Eyring

scripture of the week: Ether 6:3
 And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness.

Love you all!!

Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment