Tuesday, June 6, 2017

cAUNTada

Hello hello hello!!!! I have been waiting for this day for forever!!!! Literally so excited for the fam! Welcome to the world little Carson-- I can tell that everybody loves him so much, and I'm feeling that same thing even up in the Great White North!!
Sister Ho Ching's auntie

Flying a kite. His name is Franklin.

Made a fruit basket for a girl in our ward

Tracting at its finest

All my little friends-- Sophia, Tressa, Mia and Musa



This week has been amazing! Seeing so many miracles it's ridiculous!! The first one-- let me tell you about Samantha. She's the one who's brother died not too long ago. So we went and saw her last Monday night, and taught her the plan of salvation. That was amazing!! She was asking questions-- where is my brother? why are we here? ha seriously those questions that you hope everyone asks. So that lesson was great, tears were shed. AMAZING. We went back and saw her again last week. We talked to her about everything we talked about last week. She said that she felt like it was true. She said that she didn't want to be at the bottom kingdom, she wants to be at the top. She knows that she needs to make some changes but she is so desperately wanting to make those changes! It was amazing. We're going back to see her on Saturday and I know that it's going to be great. Seriously the Lord is preparing people for us to find and teach, we're honestly doing nothing. Just trying to be in the right place at the right time, but the Lord is leading us to these amazingly prepared people.


Alfred-- so Alfred is 87 and doesn't believe in God. He has met with missionaries on and off for a really long time... and yet he has never come to church. UNTIL NOW! Alfred came to church on Sunday! It was the biggest miracle ever!! Afterwards he told us that his heart was softening. WHAT?!? This is the same guy that told us that we were trying to plant a seed in dry ground. Ha funny how the spirit can change people hey?


Jacob-- okay get this. So we met with Jacob yesterday and that was awesome! We felt like we should bring our Bishop with us so we did. That ended up being the best decision in the entire world. Jacob has so many questions that are great but he was able to have a really good discussion with Bishop. We read the talk about the Godhead-- Elder Oaks from this past general conference. The spirit was so strong. Last week when we talked to him he straight up said that he hated God, then yesterday at the end of our lesson we asked him how he felt about God. He said that he doesn't hate Him anymore. He doesn't necessarily love God, but he doesn't hate Him. PROGRESS!!!  He really is being changed by the spirit. It may be slower than we want, but he is progressing. And of course it's not our timing, it's the Lord's. So ya, he's doing great!


This week especially I have been thinking about the Plan of Salvation like a lot! With everything going on with our investigators and with everything going on at home with Carson being born. How amazing is it to know that there is a purpose to this madness that we call life? There's a reason we go through the things that we go through, and we aren't alone. There is something after this life, and it brings me so much hope and happiness knowing that this isn't the end. 

Is it hard to not be there with Carson? Of course! But the thing that I keep remembering is that families are forever! I get to be with you guys and him for eternity, and I'm just so glad that I got the amazing family that I did. You guys are pretty dope. I'm just so grateful for the opportunity to be able to share this message with others. Just especially with the experience that we had with Samantha-- this plan just makes sense. God wants us back!! His purpose is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." He wants us to experience that true happiness, and I know that it will come as we try our best to be like Jesus. That's when we truly can be the most happy, and again it's amazing to be able to see that. I literally get a front row seat to see the spirit work with people and them become happy as they try to be more like our Savior. 


HA so ya that's my littler rant. I am just so happy to be a part of this work, even though I feel like the Lord and the spirit pretty much do everything! Just trying to be a worthy vessel :)
So. The church is true. The book is blue. I love Carson, and all of you.... wow that cheese though. Really do love you guys a lot though.

Scripture of the week: For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith and I know that he will hear my cry.

Quote of the week: super simple but I love it... "I testify that we have a Heavenly Father, who loves us. I testify that we have a Holy Ghost, who guides us. And I testify of Jesus Christ, our Savior, our Savior, who makes it all possible." --Dallin H. Oaks

Love you all so much!!!! Hope that you have a killer week. Thanks for all the pics of everything!

Sister Ashley King :)

No comments:

Post a Comment